The guest post was contributed by Maria, financial guest blogger from Manchester, UK. Apart from blogging, she does research on PPI Claims. Find out more about her finance related blogs at financeport.
Every website owner maintains the site for the sole purpose of bringing lots of website users and to gain visibility among all the
search engines. But the problem where most websites are failing to do this is due to lack of knowledge on implementing SEO to their website. To generate website traffic you must be a versatile in handling various responsibilities such as writing contents, bogging frequently, responding to client responses, applying search engine optimization and social media optimization techniques to your website. The following are a few tips that help in generating a great amount of website traffic.
Make use of targeted keywords: Identifying specific targeted keywords and using them is the most significant and basic key for generating website traffic. While using keywords you must be very careful and look whether the keyword inserted in the content is relevant and will be able to produce tons of traffic. To research most competitive keyword and to use them you can also hire any of the SEO professional or consider using any of the online tools such as Google Adwords keyword tool, HubSpot software, Goggle Analytics, Keyword Grader, and so on.
Optimise your website to social media: The main purpose of optimising your site to social media channels is to write content that helps for friendly social interaction, aid in sharing and discussions. Not just website can get benefited of SMO; even it can be applied to emails, business pages, blogs and so on. Here are a few that help you as a guide to apply social media optimisation to your website.
- Optimising social media have got many benefits which enable your website to drive more traffic. Some of them include:
- Increases shared links which aid you depicts as authorised website to many search engines.
- Increases your social follows
- Brings brand awareness
- The content posted on the site will help you share, discuss and make social interaction
- Design a good website template and make your readers ease in sharing across their social networks.
- Encourage your readers to share, comment and link the article by placing appropriate buttons to bookmark and share at the top of every article
- Provide links in author bio, this can help in getting more social users
- Use social network widgets and icons in a prominent location
- Make subscription options such as podcasts, RSS, email newsletters and business pages visibly noted. Also highlight a few of their advantages.
Write content for search engines: When optimising site for social media sites or search engines, content plays an important role in optimising. A good content can influence the rate of sharing and making it visible to search engines over time. The following are a few tips that help in generating content to drive traffic:
- Generate internal links between web pages using relevant keywords, this help search engines to navigate web pages very easily.
- Write content based on targeted demographics.
- Include appropriate images within your content